Svensson Holiday Homes
Information for our Guests
First and foremost – a very warm welcome to the Lauenburg Lakes!
Ziethen has a population of around one thousand. It has retained its village character and has a village pond and church as its centrepiece – and you don`t have to worry about any strong smell of intensive mass animal production – all local farmers farm arable land.
Ziethen`s story has been recorded for over 850 years, closely associated with the building of the Ratzeburg Minster.
Originally belonging to the neighbouring Land of Mecklenburg, in the 1945 territorial exchange affecting the Schaalsee communities (The Barber-Lyashenko-Agreement) Ziethen was allocated to the British Occupation Zone.
After the reunification in 1990 it became a permanent part of Schleswig Holstein, under the jurisdiction of it had anyway been for the past 40 years.
The former border is only two kilometres distant, now only visible at a few remaining points. The village has regained its traditional position in the centre of North Germany, against a beautiful backdrop of forests and lakes. From any point in the village you can reach unspoiled countryside by foot or by bicycle within merely 250 meters.
- Let us know immediately if any is missing or broken so we can repair or replace it.
- We have travelling cots and high-chairs for infants.
- There is a parking place for each apartment in front of our house.
- TV-programmes are selected using the satellite receiver: Turn on the TV and chose your programme using the receiver`s remote control.
- Our sauna and relaxation area is in the basement. Please tell us when you wish to use these facilities and we will heat the sauna and prepare towels: In the large basement area there is also fitness equipment which you are welcome to use. The bookshelf might also come in handy if the weather is not so good.
- We also rent out bicycles, which are kept in a shed beside the carport. You are welcome to use the shed to store your own bicycles. Here you will also find sunbeds and garden furniture for use on the adjoining lawn area.
- There is a small garden pavilion at the opposite side of the house. This is the ideal venue for relaxing in the evening. We can also supply an electric or charcoal grill on request.
- To reduce dust and noise our house is fitted with a central vacuum cleaner. The tube is stored at the basement stairs and the wallsockets are either in the apartments or in the corridor outside.
- There are cleaning mops and buckets in the basement.
- In the basement there are also washing machines and a dryer, for the use of which we charge a small fee.
- The stair and outside lighting switch on and off automatically.
- The entire complex is equipped with a door locking system. Your apartment key will also open the main door, the pavilion and the shed.
- Please adhere to our local garbage separation rules. There is a shed in the carport with the appropriate bins. These are: glass, paper “Gelber Sack” marked packaging (tins, plastics, etc) bio-degradable (brown bin) and other rubbish (grey bin)
- Smokers: please use the ashtrays provided.
Thank you for your understanding.